Thursday, August 28, 2008

Flawless


I am changed by what I have seen in the past few days. I never thought that I could feel so optimistic about the direction that this country is going in, but I am. I feel hopeful. I am inspired. I am elevated by Barack Obama. His speech was nothing less than phenomeal. As I looked up into his face from the 4th row of the Colorado delegation....he seemed too good to be true.....no really.....too good to be true. How can a man so intelligent, so unselfish, so giving, and so qualified for any other job that he could possibly want, really want the thankless job of helping Americans to live a better life? All around me, I saw people who probably felt the same way that I do about America; that it has the POTENTIAL to be great again, but it's performance as of late has bordered on mediocre. I had to sit and hold my head in my hands as he spoke about teachers and fire fighters and single moms and senior citizens actually DESERVING a better life than what they/we are getting. I couldn't believe that people of all colors...black, red, yellow, brown, white were literally leaping to their feet to salute him by waving American flags in his face. Do you realize that people that looked like him (and me) were not even considered to be human beings worthy of literacy, home ownership, or free speech? I still can't believe that it has happened in America and yet, I agree with Barack that ONLY in America, could his story come true.

Michelle Obama is dazzling! She is all that Barack will ever need in his corner to make sure that he wears the office of President of the United States well. She is the Alpha to his Omega. She is a force to be reckoned with in her own right. And you have to respect the fact that she knows how to stand beside him without overshadowing him or forcing her way to the front of the family. I think she provides the peace of mind that a man like him needs to run the country, not only because he can talk to her about his problems but also because he knows that if for some reason he is no longer with us, she will be able to pick up the torch that he has left burning so brightly and go on. I'm sure they've discussed what could happen during this election campaign and I'm sure they've come to some kind of understanding. I often think about what it would be like to see watch the man that I love (in the position that he's in) take the stage in front of so many people in so many public spaces, especially considering the level of hatred that still exists in the world today. And the only rational conclusion that I can come to is that she has decided that if this fight for the Presidency costs him his life, she has promised him (and herself) that hers will be the last face that he sees and his daughters' kisses will be the last touch that he feels before Jesus calls him home. But before he climbs those stairs to heaven, SHE will be the one to whisper in his ear.....well done, my good and faithful servant, well done.








No comments: